Thursday, August 14, 2014

Old School Blogging, Wrapping Up Summer

 
Old school blogging is back and I'm excited. 
I love doing these, so here we go! 
 
What was your favorite thing you did alone this summer?
I absolutely loved walking this summer.  I got up early every morning and just walked.  I have averaged between five and seven miles a day and I haven't missed a day since March 27.  A friend walked with me a few times, but mostly it was just me.  It was so calm and peaceful.  The perfect start to my days.
 
What was your favorite thing you did as a family this summer?
We went on a family vacation to Diamond Lake in Michigan. 


 
What books did you read this summer?
Unfortunately, I read very little.  What I did read was an old Nora Roberts trilogy and Nikon D3000 for Dummies.
 
What do you WISH you had done this summer?
I wish I had taken the time to get more things done around the house.  I work at a school and have my whole summer off.  Every year, I have big plans and rarely do I get them all done.  There is just too much fun to be had.
 
What movies did you see this summer (if any)?
The only movie I have seen in the theatre this summer was Jersey Boys, but I did enjoy it.
 
Where did you travel this summer?
The family vacation in Michigan and then a girls trip for a couple nights to a friends lake house.
 
What was your favorite treat (as in dessert) this summer?
Hands down....Rumchatta pudding pie!
 
What did you celebrate this summer?
We celebrated my best friend's daughters wedding.  It was like marrying off one of our own.
Did you grow anything this summer?
Just my flowers in the yard.  No vegetable garden this year.
What is a favorite post (if you blog) that you wrote this Summer?
It was actually a post I did for a website that I write for, The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans.  You can find the post here.
 
What is a favorite photograph that you took this summer?
How about three!
 
 
What do you want to do next summer?
I had a big trip planned for next summer and then my daughter got engaged this spring.  The wedding date is July 18, 2015.  We will be having a wedding next summer and I couldn't be happier or more excited.  I would give up any trip for this wedding.  It is going to be wonderful!
 
So, that is my summer wrap up.  If you would like to join in the fun, just head over to The Miss Elaine-ous Life.
 

4 comments:

  1. Those photos are gorgeous, I especially like the butterfly one!

    And that cute baby up there, I want to (lightly) pinch those cheeks! :D

    Great job on the walking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your friend's daughter absolutely stunning in that dress!

    i'm totally ready for a long weekend away with family in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post as always! I love that you vacation with your whole family. I would give anything to be able to do that. Your pictures are just beautiful. I know that planning next year's summer wedding will be so much fun. And I'm so proud of you for being such a dedicated walker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos and how fun to plan a summer wedding!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. It makes me feel like I know you better. Even if you just say hi, please leave me one!